meet mentors, make connections and pitch to investors
The two-week all-expenses-paid residency will give you the opportunity to meet your mentors and other XL Africa startups. You will build knowledge through workshops and face-to-face mentoring, and connect with investors and peers at networking meetings. Finally, you will have the unique opportunity to pitch your business at our Venture Showcase Day.
What to expect during the residency
- Receive advice from entrepreneurs who have built successful digital companies
- Enjoy support in creating a sound growth plan
- Receive assistance in finalizing propositions for investors, customers and corporations
- Practice your pitch
- Network with investors and mentors
- Make lifelong international connections with other XL Africa participants
Venture Showcase day
You will pitch your startup to an invited audience of corporate partners and participating investors. Then start networking and making new contacts.
This is a fantastic opportunity to secure investment. The Venture Showcase Day coincides with three other big Cape Town events in November, the African Angel Investor Summit, AfricArena and AfricaCom, maximizing your chance of securing investment.
Continue to receive mentoring support to secure more funding.
Your mentor isn’t just for XL Africa, but for life.
Photos: David Stanley, Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0)